Two Years of Highway to Hell
March 18, 2015 at 9:30 AM
As I always say in my shows, it is amazing how time flies, more when you are having fun. And that is what these past two years have been for me as DJ Hel in the Show Highway to Hell.
A little more than two years ago I met a group of awesome and fun people in the game that is by far my favourite one, World of Warcraft, and they happened to have a radio station associated with their Guild, called Dark Militia Radio (this was well before Dark Militia Radio re-branded to Digital Mayhem Radio).
I started listening to the station, admiring its DJs and loving music that usually I would never dream of listening to (brony songs, modern rave), considering I am more of a rocker.
Little by little I became more and more involved with the station activities, and finally I asked to help as a Public Relations officer. I kept wondering what it would be like to be a DJ, but took me a good while to have the guts to try it.
Two years later here we are, and so much has happened:
- I proved to myself that I could overcome my shy nature (yes don´t laugh) and be a DJ.
- I have been able to play music that is out of my comfort zone (my comfort zone being, 80s, rock, country).
- I've Written articles for the station, including covering my own trips to different countries for the station.
- Met some awesome musicians
- Have fans! (omg this has been incredible and I so love getting in contact with them)
- Been confused with a eastern European, Brit and other nationalities due to my crazy accents sometimes.
- I have used the terms blabbing and thingy like a gazillion times in the shows and have caused a lot of laughter apparently, every time I call someone a doodle head.
To sum it all up; I have had the time of my life doing the show every week, where I can express my feelings thru music, my thoughts, believes and opinions thru monologues and more importantly meet an awesome group of coworkers at the station and listeners that share the love for music.
Thank You all for this awesome time and let's hope we have a lot of years to come, and not get bored of course!
HAPPY TWO YEARS HIGHWAY TO HELL!We encourage all readers to post their thoughts and opinions on our articles. We are, however, committed to maintaining a civil forum for discussion, so we ask you to avoid personal attacks, and please keep your comments relevant and respectful. If you encounter a comment that is abusive, click the "X" in the upper right corner of the comment box to report spam or abuse. We are using the Facebook Comments System.